Late Dinner at Chomp Chomp Hawker Centre

08:28 Unknown 0 Comments

Serangoon Gardens is a central place for restaurants and banks and during the night, the After so many times I have been to Chomp Chomp (at Serangoon Gardens), I did not noticed that there was this stall right in the front, perhaps most of the time I would only eat seafood or stringray, or maybe it was just opened not long ago ? Anyway, the stall looks clean and simple, which to our perception that the food is not nice. I was thinking of going for the Penang Prawn Mee but instead I have chosen the Lor Mee because it has really been some time I last eaten the Lor Mee.

Surprisingly, despite of the humble look, the ingredients are generous. With one and a half egg (quite rare nowadays to give some much), fish cake slices and meat. On top of that, the chili is also very exciting as well, though it was chili paste, it definitely can be compared with chili padi. Guess what ? It cost only SGD 3.50. Highly recommended.
Lor Mee Lor...
The uncle certainly has his way of enjoying his job, grilling the chicken wings while drinking beer ! I think he has drank at least 2-3 mug of beer while I was having my dinner.. Woo ..
Old couple managing the shop together... How lovely.
I would say that the chicken wings are marinated well and grilled perfectly. I am not sure about it, but the skin does have a bit taste of honey. Even without the chili sauce and lime, the chicken wings will taste well.
Grilled Chicken Wings

You Might Also Like

0 comments: